Join Challenge 50
One in 50 women will develop ovarian cancer in their lifetime. By giving out 50 leaflets you could help one woman spot the symptoms and get an earlier diagnosis. Raise at least £50 for Target Ovarian Cancer and help us improve diagnosis and treatment.
There are lots of ways you can join Challenge 50, here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Ask for donations for 50 pin badges or wristbands
- Sell 50 cakes to colleagues
- Raise £50 with a coffee morning with family and friends
- Take 50,000 steps in a week
- Climb 50 flights of stairs in 50 days
- Challenge yourself to a 50km cycle
- Get sponsored to swim 50 lengths at your local pool
- Invite 50 friends to join you for a quiz night
The money you raise will make a real difference to our work. Your £50 could enable 100 GPs to update their knowledge of ovarian cancer and best practice for early diagnosis.
Before being diagnosed, Alison had little knowledge of ovarian cancer. She organised a coffee morning to make more women aware of the symptoms.
"Fortunately, my cancer was found early and I've gone on to make a full recovery. I took on Challenge 50 to spread awareness of the symptoms to help other women get diagnosed earlier. It was a great excuse to get together with friends, enjoy some cake and chat whilst raising money and awareness. I wanted to raise £50 but ended up raising over £300!"
If you're looking for more ideas download our Fundraising Guide for inspiration. There's also printable posters, invitations and more available on our resources page. Our fundriaisng team is on hand to help you with your plans too - you can email the team or call 020 7923 5474.