Applying for Target Ovarian Cancer's research funding
Next funding now open
Applications are invited from researchers across the UK for our two funding streams below. Our grants will be assessed by our Scientific Advisory Board in conjunction with external peer review and lay review. Funding decisions will be made on scientific merit and compliance with our research strategy.
Target Ovarian Cancer Translational Project Award
Translational project awards (up to £180,000) are intended to accelerate research with the goal of delivering patient benefit; these awards are not designed for basic / early discovery studies.
What is covered: The following specific areas have been identified as priorities for Target Ovarian Cancer
Translational studies linked to approved clinical trials -
- Novel tumour classification to aid the development of personilised medicine.
- Understanding the development of drug resistance.
- Identification of novel biomarkers (Predictive, Diagnostic or Prognostic) and potential new therapeutic targets.
Preclinical development of new therapeutic targets -
- Target validation / Proof Of Concept studies
- Early stage development of novel therapeutic agents with view to generating a realisable asset to attract commercial interest / further funding upon grant end
Target Ovarian Cancer Supportive and Palliative Care Award
A key priority for Target Ovarian Cancer is to raise the investment and profile of supportive and palliative care research to improve the quality of life for patients being treated for and living with ovarian cancer.
What is covered: Awards (up to £25,000 p.a for up to 3 years) will be available to fund / support projects specifically aimed at the prevention and management of the adverse effects of ovarian cancer and its treatment. This includes management of physical and psychological symptoms and side effects across the continuum of the cancer. Proposals including other pelvic cancers in addition to ovarian cancer will also be considered.