Target Ovarian Cancer is committed to producing up-to-date and accurate information for people affected by ovarian cancer. We work to our own high standards and are a certified member of the Information Standard.
- We produce information resources that are useful for women living with ovarian cancer, their families, friends and healthcare professionals. We put women with ovarian cancer at the heart of our activities to ensure our work reflects their needs, by involving women, their friends and families, in every stage of our production process.
- Our information is in line with accepted national and international guidelines.
- Our publications undergo an expert peer review and are read by women with ovarian cancer to ensure that the language and tone is appropriate.
- We aim to reflect a strong evidence base and consensus expert opinion in all our medical information, such as resources on treatment and symptoms. Where there is no consensus in expert opinion, we present a balanced view of the evidence available.
- All our information is reviewed regularly to ensure it is still current and accurate. We aim to review information every year, with a view to revising it at least every two years. It may be revised sooner if there is an evidence change or development in treatment or national guidelines.
- For references for any of our information, please contact us.
- We are happy to receive feedback on any of our information. All feedback is kept on file for consideration when the information is revised. We are grateful to the health professionals and lay reviewers who give their time to ensure that our information is of the highest quality. Please contact us if you have any feedback.
Target Ovarian Cancer and the Information Standard
We are proud to be a certified member of the Information Standard. This is a quality assurance standard that has been established to improve the quality of health and social care information. The Information Standard ensures that the health and social care information we produce is supported by the best evidence, and is produced according to strict quality-control guidelines. It also ensures that people affected by cancer are at the heart of all the content we produce.
All Target Ovarian Cancer information that has been produced in accordance with the scheme are marked. Any information that is not marked is not included in the scope of the Standard.
The following user generated information is excluded from the scope of the certification: weblogs, forums, information for health professionals and personal experience pages - except where personal experience pages have been produced through a systematic process of validation.
Target Ovarian Cancer holds responsibility for the accuracy of the information we publish and neither Capita, who operate the scheme, nor the Department of Health, who own the scheme, will have any responsibility whatsoever for costs, losses or direct or indirect damages or costs arising from inaccuracy of information or omissions in information published on the website on behalf of Target Ovarian Cancer.