Walk, jog or run the fabulous Peak District National Park!
This event is run by Wilderness Development.
The Peak District Challenge is a picturesque trekking challenge through woodlands, along limestone cliffs, moors and more! It offers five levels of difficulty for hill walkers and runners: 10km (Back before Dark), then 25km (Copper), 50km (Bronze), 75km (Silver) or 100km (Gold Ultra). All of the routes start and end in Hathersage in the Upper Derwent Valley, just 10 miles from Sheffield.
On the way round, checkpoint crews monitor teams' safety and provide drinks and snacks along with motivation and encouragement! Water stations are provided, and for 25-100km routes all the refreshments along with a stew supper on Saturday evening are included in the price of your entry.
You are encouraged to enter in a team of 3-5 people. Solo or duo competitors are only allowed on the longer (25-100km) challenges if they can show they have navigation experience or are willing to attend a navigation training course in advance of the event.
Challenge dates, distances and registration fees:
Competitors are against the clock to try to complete one of the following challenges:
· Back Before Dark (10km starts 4.07pm (walkers) or 6.07pm (runners) on Sat 21st Sept) - £19
· Copper (25km starts 9:30am on Sat 21st Sept) - £44
· Bronze (50km starts 8:30am on Sat 21st Sept) - £49
· Silver (75km on the 9:00pm on Fri 20th Sept) - £64
· Gold Ultra (100km starts 9:00pm on Fri 20th Sept) - £69
If joining a led group with a guide, add £17.
There is no minimum sponsorship for this event, we'd simply love for you to raise as much as you can.
How we’ll support you
You’ll get great support as part of Team Target including:
- A free Target Ovarian Cancer t-shirt
- Materials available to help with your fundraising, on request, including posters, leaflets, banners, balloons and collection tins
- A dedicated member of the Events Team to help with your queries
We hope you'll join Team Target for this fantastic event. If you have any queries, please email us or call us on 020 7923 5474.