Want to help us take steps to beat ovarian cancer? Volunteer at The Ovarian Cancer Walk at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Saturday 12 October 2019 or at Holyrood Park, Edinburgh, Sunday 6 October 2019. Sign up below and one of the team will be in touch soon with more information.
Both walks will start at 11am and finish at around 3pm, however you are more than welcome to stay in the parks for as long as you would like.
Taking part will give you experience of working at a large scale event as well as the opportunity to support those taking steps to beat ovarian cancer.
There are a number of roles on the day:
- Set up and man the registration desk
- Marshal the route to ensure participants know the way and encourage them with cheering
- Celebrate with finishers by giving out medals and goody bags
We will pay reasonable public transport expenses (within the cities) and you’ll be provided with a t-shirt and snacks. As a thank you for your hard work you’ll receive a goody bag and certificate too!
What you will get out of the day:
- Experience working with an events team
- Learn about how events are run on the day
- Gain experience of dealing with members of the public and supporters
- And, importantly, contribute to a successful fundraising event, helping to improve the lives of women with ovarian cancer, now and in the future
No previous knowledge or skills are required, we just ask that you arrive with a friendly smile and encourage our supporters with enthusiasm (and a loud cheering voice!).
Can’t make it on the day? You can still make a huge difference by getting involved with promotion of the day and encouraging your community to take steps to beat ovarian cancer– we can send you flyers for distribution among your local networks and online.