Want to help us take steps to beat ovarian cancer? Become a WalkMaker today and volunteer at The Ovarian Cancer Walk at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Saturday 13 October and at Holyrood Park, Ediburgh, Saturday 29 September 2018. Giving one day of your time can make a huge difference for raising awareness; sign up below and one of the team will be in touch soon with more information.
Both walks will start at 11am and finish at around 3pm, however you are more than welcome to stay in the parks for as long as you would like. Both locations are based really near the city centres so there will be plenty to do after the walk if you wish to have a day out in the city.
It will give you the invaluable experience of working at a large scale event and an opportunity to make a huge impact for the charity and those taking steps to beat ovarian cancer.
There are a number of roles on the day:
- Set up and man the registration desk
- Marshal the route to ensure participants know the way and encourage them with a cheer
- Celebrate with finishers by giving out medals and goody bags
We will pay resonable public transport expenses (within the cities), you’ll be provided with a t-shirt and snacks, and to thank you for your hard work you’ll receive a goody bag and certificate too!
What you could get out of volunteering
- Experience working with an events team
- Learn about how events are run on the day
- Gain experience of dealing with members of the public and supporters
- And, importantly, contribute to a successful fundraising event, helping to improve the lives of women with ovarian cancer, now and in the future
No previous knowledge or skills are required, we just ask that you arrive with a friendly smile and can encourage our supporters with enthusiasm (and a loud cheering voice!)
Can’t make it on the day? You can still make a huge difference by getting involved with promotion of the day and encouraging your community to take steps to beat ovarian cancer– we can send you flyers for distribution among your local networks and online.