Just one in five women in the UK are able to name bloating as a symptom of ovarian cancer. We want to change this.
What are the symptoms?
- Persistent bloating – not bloating that comes and goes
- Feeling full quickly and/or loss of appetite
- Pelvic or abdominal pain (that’s your tummy and below)
- Urinary symptoms (needing to wee more urgently or often than usual)
Occasionally there can be other symptoms:
- Changes in bowel habit (eg diarrhoea or constipation)
- Extreme fatigue (feeling very tired)
- Unexplained weight loss
Any bleeding after the menopause should always be investigated by a GP.
You can also order printed copies of our symptoms information for yourself or to raise awareness.
Last reviewed: July 2017
Next review: June 2020