Our GP Advisory Board brings together leading GPs from around the UK, with the aim of improving outcomes in early diagnosis for women.
Report on regional variation
The Board wanted to find out more about variation in the diagnosis of ovarian cancer across England. To do this they commissioned a piece of research looking at differences in the numbers of CA125 blood tests ordered, the time taken to complete non-obstetric ultrasounds, stage at diagnosis and one year survival rates for different parts of England.
Read the GP Advisory Board’s report, Regional variation in the diagnosis of ovarian cancer in England, which reveals and explores the reasons for these significant regional differences.
Target Ovarian Cancer's GP Advisory Board members
- The Board is chaired by Professor Nigel Sparrow OBE, Senior National GP Advisor, Care Quality Commission
- Jenny Aston QN, Advanced Nurse Practitioner and RCGP Nurse Champion
- Dr Nina Craft, General Practitioner, Woodbrooke Medical Practice, Belfast
- Dr Elise Lang, General Practitioner and Macmillan GP Cancer Lead for Velindre NHS Trust, Macmillan GP Advisor Wales
- Dr Hilary Morrison, Patient representative
- Dr Dirk Pilat, General Practitioner and Medical Director for e-Learning, Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP)
- Professor Debbie Sharp, Professor of Primary Health Care, University of Bristol
- Dr Alison Wint, Clinical Lead for Cancer South Gloucester CCG & Macmillan GP, Montpelier Health, Pilning Surgery