Nurses play a key role during the diagnosis and treatment stages experienced by women with ovarian cancer. There are a number of ways Target Ovarian Cancer can support you in your work:
The CNS Hub
Our CNS hub is a password protected online area dedicated to Clinical Nurse Specialists working with women who have ovarian cancer.
The hub offers access to quarterly articles relevent to your clincial area. Register to join the CNS hub and receive our regular updates.
Many CNSs find our guides an invaluable tool for supporting women at all stages of ovarian cancer. You can use our order form to order printed copies of the guides, to give to the women you support. All guides are information standard compliant.
- What happens next? is for women who have been recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer.
- Back here again is for women who are having treatment for ovarian cancer again.
- My care, my future (previously know as Looking after me) is for women who have been told their cancer is incurable.
- Younger women's guide to ovarian cancer provides information, advice and signposting to help younger women through the emotional, physical and psychological impact of a cancer diagnosis.
- Genetic testing and hereditary ovarian cancer - a guide for women with ovarian cancer and their families.
Practice nurses may also be interested in ordering symptoms awareness materials.
We offer free events and courses across the UK to support women with ovarian cancer, which may be useful for you to refer women to.
- Being Together: These positive, informal events give women the opportunity to meet others with ovarian cancer and ask questions from a multidisciplinary panel of professionals.
- Supporting You: These helpful and practical events focus on common issues faced by women with ovarian cancer and offer presentations and workshops on issues such as body image, self-esteem, sexuality and relationships, early menopause and HRT and coping with anxiety.
Interested in helping us run an event in your area? Contact the team now.
Other useful links
- NFGON: The National Forum of Gynaecological Oncology Nurses is available to all nurses and health professionals with any level of interest or expertise in gynaecological oncology.
- NCIN gynaecological cancer hub: Provides data and intelligence on the gynaecological cancers in England.The Hub is aimed at a wide range of professionals working in the field, including NHS providers, commissioners, Strategic Clinical Networks, charities, gynaecologists, nurse specialists and other clinicians.
- British Gynaecological Cancer Society: The BGCS is a society of professionals dedicated to improving the care provided to patients with gynaecological cancers. Members include medical practitioners, clinical nurse specialists and other allied professionals, including scientists who have an interest in gynaecological cancers.
- Clinical guidance and policy information: Key documents, including commissioning policies and guidance, that provide the latest information on best practice in diagnosing and treating ovarian cancer.