Today is the start of Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month 2016.
Ovarian cancer can be devastating. Far too many women are diagnosed too late, once the cancer has already spread, making treatment more difficult. When a woman is diagnosed at the earliest stage, her chance of surviving ovarian cancer for five years or more doubles from just 46 per cent to more than 90 per cent. With your support, we can get more women diagnosed sooner and save lives.
Every March our supporters across the UK put on events to raise awareness, and fundraise so we can improve early diagnosis, fund life-saving research and provide much needed support to women with ovarian cancer. There are so many ways for you to get involved too:
- Share our symptoms information on Facebook or Twitter to make more women aware
- 'Bake Some Noise' to fundraise and speak to people face to face
- Organise a 'Dress Louder' fundraiser, where everyone pays £2 to wear their brightest outfits!
- SHOUT LOUDER, by typing in all capitals on social media on 31 March
- Text LOUD16 £10 to 70070 to give £10
- Simply talk to everyone you know and use our free awareness materials
- Read the incredible stories of women like Laura, Diane and Rona
We're also be working with other charities throughout the month to raise awareness. Visit our shared website to find out more. Together we're stronger. Together we can get more women diagnosed sooner and together we can save lives.