Target Ovarian Cancer is very excited to be part of the third ever World Ovarian Cancer Day (WOCD) today, Friday 8 May. World Ovarian Cancer Day is a worldwide event that the charity helped found in 2013. Ovarian cancer communities will united today in a global movement to raise awareness of ovarian cancer with 'one voice for every woman'.
World Ovarian Cancer Day has become a global movement in three short years. This year, it celebrates the natural bond women have with each other, encouraging people to send in photos of bonding moments for a video released today - watch it here - and to sign an awareness pledge to spread word.
We united with Ovarian Cancer Action, Ovacome and The Eve Appeal earlier this month to call for people across the UK to pledge their support: “Target Ovarian Cancer, Ovarian Cancer Action, Ovacome and The Eve Appeal are proud to support World Ovarian Cancer Day and celebrate women’s health around the world” said the chief executives of the four UK ovarian cancer charities in a joint statement. “7,000 women in the UK are diagnosed with ovarian cancer each year, and almost a third face delays of up to six months before a correct diagnosis is made. Working together to raise awareness about this often unrecognised cancer is essential to improving early diagnosis.”
There are lots of ways you can get involved today:
- Follow our Twitter account and retweet our World Ovarian Cancer Day tweets to spread the word
- Watch the #UnbreakableBond video, released today
- Tell your own story on social media. If you're tweeting, use #WOCD or #WorldOvarianCancerDay. The World Ovarian Cancer Day website has more information and a graphic for you to share.
- Announce your fundraising or awareness raising event.
- Text to donate to support our work raising awareness, funding research and supporting women with ovarian cancer. Text TOVC01 £3 to 70070
Thank you for all your support