Target Ovarian Cancer’s UK-wide ovarian cancer research programme is now closed for new applications. Applicants will be informed following the timetable below.
Target Ovarian Cancer – Translational Research Awards
- New targeted treatments and optimising existing treatments
To accelerate research that delivers patient benefit. Projects will optimise and develop more effective and less toxic treatments for ovarian cancer, with a special focus on treatments that will improve overall survival. These awards are not designed for basic or early discovery studies.
What we’re looking for
Many important challenges need to be overcome to improve treatments for patients. Some examples are provided below, however Target Ovarian Cancer will consider support for any research of relevance to optimising or developing new treatments.
- Identify new drug targets within subtypes of ovarian cancer and develop new targeted
- Understand why tumours develop resistance to therapies, developing strategies to prevent and overcome
- Develop new immunologic approaches to treating ovarian
- Understand the effectiveness of existing drugs against different tumour
- Understand the effectiveness of specific drug combinations in
- Research to predict which patients will benefit from
- Develop appropriate treatments for older
- Identify prognostic markers that indicate response to
- Develop robust surgical trials to validate new technologies and optimise treatments
For further information about our priorities, read a summary of our Research Strategy.
- Up to £200,000
- Find out how to apply for funding
- 25 January 2018 - Call for outline proposals
- 13 March 2018 (12:00) - Closing date for submission of outline
- 16 April 2018 - Full proposals invited from shortlisted
- 12 noon on Thursday 14 June 2018 - deadline for full applications
- Week commencing 15 October 2018 - Successful applicant(s) informed
- Find out more about the research we fund
- Read our research strategy for more information on our research priorities
- Check whether you’re eligible to apply for a grant
Target Ovarian Cancer does not receive any government funding. This research is only made possible through donations and legacies. If you would like to contribute to these research projects and improve the lives of women with ovarian cancer, please support us.