The Scientific Advisory Board provides expert advice to Target Ovarian Cancer's Chief Executive, Director of Research and Board of Trustees on:
- development of the research strategy and grant giving programme
- in conjunction with lay review advise which project proposals should be invited to make a full application
- external reviewers for grant applications
- assessment of external reviews and final recommendations on grant applications
- annual review of funded projects.
The SAB looks at written critiques provided by peer reviewers and works with our lay reviewers. They then make recommendations for research funding to our Board of Trustees based on the scientific or clinical merits of the grant applications, and their relevance to our research strategy.
Target Ovarian Cancer has developed a conflicts of interest policy for research at Target Ovarian Cancer to ensure SAB members aren’t compromised by applications they are associated with.
Scientific Advisory Board members
- Professor Ruth Plummer, Professor of Experimental Cancer Medicine at the Northern Institute for Cancer Research, Newcastle University (Chair)
- Professor Richard Edmondson, Clinical Professor in Gynaecological Oncology, Manchester University.
- Dr Ros Glasspool, Chair of the Ovarian cancer sub-group, National Cancer Research Institute, Consultant Medical Oncologist and Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer, University of Glasgow
- Professor Maurizio D'Incalci, Chief of the Laboratory of Cancer Chemotherapy and Chief of the Department of Oncology, the Mario Negri Institute of Milan
- Dr Rebecca Kristeleit, Consultant Medical Oncologist, UCL Cancer Institute
- Professor Peter L Stern, Professor of Immunology at the Institute of Cancer Studies, University of Manchester